The results are in!
We had our dancers rank our ballroom dance shoes for five different categories:
Comfort, Affordability, Best Straps, Best Practice, and Best Men’s.
It can be hard to navigate shopping for ballroom dance shoes when you have so many choices! The best thing you can do is listen to other dancers who have tried a lot of shoes, then talk to a fitting specialist from Showtime Dance Shoes about their recommendations for your foot type. They have been fitting shoes over 10 years for professional dancers on the phone and at competitions.
Many people ask us for advice when it comes to shoes, lets face it… we know the perfect shoe for every dancer. After being in the industry for over 20 years we have learned a thing or two when it comes to the dancers, the lifestyle, and competition check lists.
1) The dance community is a small world. If you get on one dancer’s bad side you never know who they are associated with. With that being said, be nice, be focused, and be yourself.
2) Stay positive. This road can be however long you want it to be. Want to dance for the summer? Great- make the most of it. Want to be a professional dancer? Do not let anything get in your way of that.
3) Get a good pair of practice shoes and a better pair for competition. If you are dancing with 2.5 inch heels in competition but practice with 1.5 inch heels for months… you may not adjust well on the big day. Get similar heel heights for both pairs of shoes. Visit www.showtimedanceshoes.com to check out what styles are right for you.
4) Reach a new level of fitness and health. Keep your energy levels up through multivitamins, high protein meals, and stay hydrated. These will not only help you perform to your body’s peak level, but it will also help you stay mentally ready and energized through every day of dancing.
5) Pain in 90% mental. When your blisters are killing you, when you think your back just can’t handle dancing anymore, remember to feel the music, feel your partner, and feel the accomplishment of being a dancer.