Ballroom Shoes with Custom Fitting: Expand your dance abilities, prolong your endurance, eliminate foot pain
Ballroom dancers all agree on the same exact pains in dancing. Blisters on your feet, swollen ankles, toes that look like they have been run over… oh the many joys of dancing. It is estimated that 90% of dancers will suffer from an injury and 50% of those will be related to foot and ankle. Aside from band-aids, wraps, and hydrocortisone creams, which only help with rashes and itching we are pretty much hopeless in the fight against foot pain on the dance floor. Or are we?
Here are some tips for muscle soreness and inflammation:
- Applying the acronym athletes know well — RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation)
- Remember to stretch the muscles in your feet (5 finger toe spread and the toe release)
- Rub the muscle that feels tight with goldbond pain relieving foot cream
Though some of this may only be a temporary relief, it is certainly better than ignoring the pain or giving up on dance.
We can not promise zero pain, but at Showtime Dance Shoes we provide custom fitting. We often times see dancers wearing shoes that cause more problems rather than eliminating issues. We see dancers with high arches in shoes with no curve, we see wide feet in narrow shoes, toes pushing out of the shoe bottoms, and weak ankles with no ankle straps. Then comes injury, about 60% of dancers who quit, walk away due to injury. Which is why we stress to our professional dancers, teachers, and studios to inform their students of the importance of a great fitting shoe. A great practice shoe will keep a dancer focused in practice, and not complaining about their feet.International, Freed and Supadance Dance Shoes
Men’s Practice Shoes: Supadance
Many people ask us for advice when it comes to shoes, lets face it… we know the perfect shoe for every dancer. After being in the industry for over 20 years we have learned a thing or two when it comes to the dancers, the lifestyle, and competition check lists.
1) The dance community is a small world. If you get on one dancer’s bad side you never know who they are associated with. With that being said, be nice, be focused, and be yourself.
2) Stay positive. This road can be however long you want it to be. Want to dance for the summer? Great- make the most of it. Want to be a professional dancer? Do not let anything get in your way of that.
3) Get a good pair of practice shoes and a better pair for competition. If you are dancing with 2.5 inch heels in competition but practice with 1.5 inch heels for months… you may not adjust well on the big day. Get similar heel heights for both pairs of shoes. Visit www.showtimedanceshoes.com to check out what styles are right for you.
4) Reach a new level of fitness and health. Keep your energy levels up through multivitamins, high protein meals, and stay hydrated. These will not only help you perform to your body’s peak level, but it will also help you stay mentally ready and energized through every day of dancing.
5) Pain in 90% mental. When your blisters are killing you, when you think your back just can’t handle dancing anymore, remember to feel the music, feel your partner, and feel the accomplishment of being a dancer.