Showtime Dance Shoes’ Sponsored Couples!
For the past few years we have developed a very deep respect for our sponsored couples. We love their passion and dedication so as a tribute to their work we have put together a little synopsis of each pair.
Every one of our professional dancers has their favorite practice shoe and their favorite competition shoe. See below for a few top rated items that the pros love!
Anna Harwood & Jeremy Gatlin
Claire Hansen & Richard Tonizzo
Katusha Demidova & Arunas Bizokas
Katya Kanevskaya & Egor Abashkin
Susie Tsang & Lonny Tsang
Viktoriya Kleyman & Stephen Smyth
Practice Shoes approved by the pros:
Top rated competition shoes:
- Published in Ballroom Dance Blog, Ballroom Dance Shoes, Ballroom Dancers
New 2015 Ballroom Dance Shoes
This year is already looking shiny and new as we have just released some incredible styles from Supadance. The company has been successful in years past making comfort and durability their main focus with their ballroom dance shoes. That’s why I still wear their shoes I bought 10+ years ago. Talk about a solid investment, I can’t imagine wearing any other brand at this point in my career. I am really impressed with their most recent shoe though… the Supadance 1517. This shoe has brought a new level of class to the dance floor. I did wish they would get a little more sparkle in their new designs, but this shoe is timeless, it is classy, and best of all the gold plate makes it look like the Porsche of dance shoes. It is all around a perfect design and fits my high arch perfectly.
- Published in Balloom Dance, Ballroom Dance Shoes, Ballroom Dancers
Many people ask us for advice when it comes to shoes, lets face it… we know the perfect shoe for every dancer. After being in the industry for over 20 years we have learned a thing or two when it comes to the dancers, the lifestyle, and competition check lists.
1) The dance community is a small world. If you get on one dancer’s bad side you never know who they are associated with. With that being said, be nice, be focused, and be yourself.
2) Stay positive. This road can be however long you want it to be. Want to dance for the summer? Great- make the most of it. Want to be a professional dancer? Do not let anything get in your way of that.
3) Get a good pair of practice shoes and a better pair for competition. If you are dancing with 2.5 inch heels in competition but practice with 1.5 inch heels for months… you may not adjust well on the big day. Get similar heel heights for both pairs of shoes. Visit www.showtimedanceshoes.com to check out what styles are right for you.
4) Reach a new level of fitness and health. Keep your energy levels up through multivitamins, high protein meals, and stay hydrated. These will not only help you perform to your body’s peak level, but it will also help you stay mentally ready and energized through every day of dancing.
5) Pain in 90% mental. When your blisters are killing you, when you think your back just can’t handle dancing anymore, remember to feel the music, feel your partner, and feel the accomplishment of being a dancer.
- Published in Uncategorized